Dan the Man's 5th Car Contest: Modern Rubbish
View all 23
For Dan the Man's fifth car contest, the challenge is to build any car built between 1990 and the present day.
ANY CAR BUILT OUTSIDE OF THESE DATES WILL BE INSTANTLY DISQUALIFIED and your entry will not count, so please don't spam the contest with 1970 camaros and the like... there will be a time and contest for all cars.
The deadline is the 1st of november 2011 (when the sixth contest will start).
To cut a long story short you may want to read this: http://www.mocpages.com/group_conversation.php?id=5970&topicid=62647
I've decided, to be fair on time constraints (as of course not everybody may see the invite on the first day) to make six car contests this year, on a bimonthly basis; each contest based on a time period, going from past to present throughout the year.
For the fifth contest, we'll be making new cars ("finally!" a lot of you are thinking, I bet lol). I generally prefer old cars to new ones, hence the name of the contest - but that's no reason to not do a contest for them. There are cool cars from every era, even the present day. The contest also covers modern classics, and anything made from 1990 to the present day is good - by 'new cars' I don't just mean those made in the past year or two, I mean the past decade or two. Any country, any style, so long as it's built after 1990.
The rules are simple:
1) You must stick to the time period - any car from between 1990 and today only will be accepted.
2) Your entry must be a real car, not a made-up one.
3) you are allowed to enter up to 2 models, and the one given the highest score of the two will count as your entry (meaning you cannot claim both 1st and 2nd prize for example)
4) Of course it's more fun to make a model especially for the contest, but if you have already have a model on MOCpages that fits the contest topic well, you are allowed to enter an older creation.
I will not enter any models myself; and be the main judge. I will judge all models fairly, the builder's reputation or the amount of 'likes' a model has will not come into the equation.
Things that affect the score:
1)Scale... partially. It's not fair to simply give more points to a bigger model, as some people don't have, and can't afford, a lot of Lego. On the other hand, to put it simply, there's no way a 4-wide is going to win, there's just no detail in it.
2) Accuracy. The more it looks like the car it represents, the more points it gets.
3) Build quality. Detail, good use of parts etc... not to be confused with 'unusual use of parts' or 'SNOT'. You can use SNOT if you like, but it won't give your model any more points than if you made it studded.
Other judges are welcome, just let me know in the conversation. Other judges are allowed entries, but not to vote on their own creations; and must vote objectively in the way described above.
Judging scores will be posted in the conversation to keep things all together.
Feel free to send a link of the competition to anybody you think may be interested, in case I've missed anybody - everybody is welcome :)
If you're really not into the cars of this contests's theme, keep your eyes out for future contests - the next one may appeal to you a little more...
Happy building, and good luck !
- Dan the Man
This is a public
Members can add up to 2 LEGO creations each year.Group rules