Before I make the BRC branch here in the Isle of Thorns, I’ll have to write the rules. They are like the BRC’s, but with a couple extras.
Know that, as “Dungeon Master” for this game, I will not have a character, but help others with theirs and play roles as larger characters that may come and go in and out of the story, as well as sorting out arguments and confusion. For the most part, I will simply narrate.
I promise never to exploit your characters. This is for our enjoyment, after all.
DO NOT post here. This is only for rules, written by me.
The following will be updated from time to time: Permalink
2) RULE TWO: You may only have a matoran for a character. Their back-story? They are one of your own characters (Please add them to the group if you can) who have travelled to the Isle of Thorns. They can have any motives you like, except for killing everyone else. Permalink
3) RULE THREE: If you are acting as if your matoran is too powerful, you will receive a warning from me. THREE warnings, and you will be asked to kill your character off and get a new one, or leave the group. Nobody likes an unreasonable powergamer. Permalink
4) RULE FOUR: You may request me (The DM) to play as a larger character on the Isle for a brief period. This is useful if, say, a matoran gets arrested by the local law enforcement. I can also make time skip forward if need be, and some DM-controlled characters could even make your matoran more powerful. Permalink
6) RULE SIX: You must post your character’s speech with “Speech marks” around it, eg: "Hello, Tehutti."
Their actions must be regular text with no marks around it, eg: He looked around, suspicious, but saw nothing.
It must be past tense, but can be either in first OR third person.
Out-Of-Character text with ((Double Brackets)) please, eg: ((Oooh is some stalking Tehutti?))
Please note that OOC text should only be included with a story post in a comment, not on its own. All posts on a story conversation should have an IC element.
Thoughts or telepathy can be written with *asterisks* around them, eg: She looked him up and down, scowling. *Unobservant fool*...
Swearing and cursewords cannot be put in OOC text. If you wish your character to mouth off, please replace the naughty word with X's, eg: "What the XXXX are you wearing, Tehutti?"
Words spoken in other languages (such as Skakdi) can be written with [square brackets] around it, eg: "[What ho, matoran friend? Where is the nearest inn?]" Permalink
7) RULE SEVEN: Repeating identical posts is forbidden. As is any rude/racist language. I will delete any comments that defy this. Bad grammar is not forbidden, but if you do L33t speak, it can be VERY hard to understand. Permalink
9) RULE NINE: This isn't so much a rule as a request for you guys. Please check up on the group as often as you can to see who's commented since you were last here. One of the most annoying things here is a character becoming unresponsive. Permalink
You may have as many characters as you like, within reason, but you may only play TWO of them at once.
Any others you are not playing must be killed off, leave the island, or just become dormant and not involved in the story at all.
This is the same rule as effective in the BRC.
Please note that abandoning/killing off too many of your characters means that you will not be able to develop any of their characters.
11) RULE ELEVEN. This ties into rule ten: You cannot introduce a new character then abandon/kill them off in the SAME chapter. For exambple, someone active in 1- Beginnings cannot leave the story until the next chapter when we reach 200 comments. Permalink
Please reply to the previous message by actually pressing the reply button in the conversation. This lets the previous writer know that hou have responded.
When doing this, PLEASE don't leave their entire quote in the quote box. Delete it, just leaving a little bit of text so that they know what you are replying too. Some people's posts can consist of 5 or more paragraphs for peats sakes. Nobody wants to scroll through all that more than once XD Permalink