Gentlemen, during a discussion I had with Andrew, we have uncovered a solution to the problem we've all been having where some of our creations either take a very long time to load, or even worse, you cant load them outside compatibility mode. Here's a step by step guide on how to fix your ailing creation files!
1) Open the creation (yes this is required to fix it sorry)
2) After it finally opens, go to File-> Export Model
3) In this window, change the file type at the bottom right of the window to LXFML4 and hit save.
4) Now close LDD and find the file in the location you saved it at in your computer's file browser and open the file. (You cant just select the file from a list in LDD because LDD can only technically open LXF files)
5) After it opens, go to File -> Save as, and save it over the old creation your trying to fix.
6) Open the file again just to make sure it works, and you should notice a significant reduction in load time!
I hope this helps every1! Permalink
I've got a quick announcement to make. It'll be short, don't worry. I'm going to be at camp from the 10th to the 15th, meaning I won't be online at all. Hopefully this won't screw anyone up too bad. I'm sorry I won't be around to keep things together, but I won't be gone for more than a week. I've still got a while before I go, so I can do a few more moves with Josh. Just thought I'd let you know, so you can be prepared. Permalink
Ahoy there men! Look I'm afraid I got some bad news, I'm afraid my mobile hard drive that contains all my files is more or less fried, so I can't access any of it. That mean's I've lost all unreleased progress on the game including map tiles, strategic maps, my new units, etc. As you can Imagine, this has been a rather powerful deterrent for continued development of TCS. That and the fact that I am now an admin on FG's Survival RP server (Minecraft) has kept me distracted from lego for the most part. We're working hard to redesign the map and implement a tier-based town system I had planned fro my server, so this has occupied all my free time. I'm sorry to say I probly wont be doing much of anything with the TCS in the near future. But all is not lost. Andrew has volunteered to run things for me, and may choose to continue development himself (I've sent him a few things he can work with). And dont worry I'll still check in now and then to see watsup. Also, if you pick up minecraft, feel free to visit me on the server anytime (The IP is 220.127.116.11:25565) Take care fellas!
-Big n' Chunky Permalink