Hello contestants! Please take a few minutes to thoroughly read through the information below. Failure to comply with the Rules may result in disqualification, so it's important to know all of the following:
1. In all one-on-one elimination rounds, only build in your given category. Any builds entered that do not pertain to the contest will be removed from the group. This should be a no-brainer.
2. Unless stated otherwise by the judges and/or given category, you can only enter one NEW build per round (we don't want to see any old MOCs revisited here). How is this defined? To put it simply, only build one scene. What you want to avoid is creating an entry that could easily be divided into separate posts. As such, story towers are also off limits. Other than that, there are no restrictions as to size/scale. Be creative!
3. We also ask that you refrain from using Lego Digital Designer. Let's see some ABS LEGO builds! BrickArms, custom decals, and the like are permitted, but please use them in moderation. This is a LEGO contest, so first and foremost we want to see the actual LEGO.
4. In all one-on-one elimination rounds, provide working (HTML) links to the MELO homepage and your opponent's homepage or entry. In the qualifier (Round 1), you are only required to have a working link to the MELO homepage. It is preferable that all links be located near the top of your entry. If you're unfamiliar with HTML, visit this page: http://mocpages.com/help/html_tips.php
5. Title all entries: MELO Round_(fill in the necessary number) followed by your name vs. your opponent's name.
MELO R3: Meriadoc Brandybuck vs. Peregrin Took
For the qualifier, simply title your entry: MELO Round 1: (then whatever you want)
MELO R1: What about second breakfast?!
6. In all rounds, state your category (preferably near the top of your entry).
7. Yes, it is now ALLOWED to make smaller changes, once you've added your entry to the MELO group. However, smaller changes really means only SMALLER ones (like fixing typo/grammatical issues or broken links/HTML problems), photo editing etc is NOT allowed. Also you are only allowed to add canges BEFORE the deadline.
8. In all one-on-one elimination rounds, we ask that you state the bracket you're in near the top of your entry (more on brackets below).
9. No creating new conversation threads! This is a privilege strictly limited to the group admins.
10. Show respect to your fellow competitors.
OTHER IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW:
Once we've delved into the elimination rounds (beginning at Round 2) all competitors will be divided evenly into two brackets (named after the Two Towers):
Orthanc Bracket: Michael Kringe, Brick Ninja, City Creator
Barad Dur Bracket: Mark Murphy, Elio Salsano, Jonathan Demers
Beardless Dwarf (Evan) will be the tie-breaker/back-up judge.
With the exception of the qualifier, judging will be conducted by way of votes.
Unlike the MocOlympics, only the top thirty-two players in the qualifier (Round 1) will advance into the elimination rounds. As it's limited to Middle Earth, this contest is a round shorter than the official MOs. Elimination rounds will last ten days each, with intermittent judging periods and a 4 days break between each round.
And that should be all you need to know for the time being folks! Thanks for reading the rules and bearing them in mind. Permalink
MOCpages has been crashing frequently in the past months, so I would like to say that MOCpages crashing is not an excuse to ask for a deadline extension. You still have access to your bricks, just wait for the website to reopen. HOWEVER, if it crashes within the LAST 48 HOURS of a round, a one day extension will be granted to allow you to post. Permalink