Hello, fellow members of Fellowship of the Brick. Bear with me here. I realize that I have not been a particularly active mod, but I don’t really enjoy most of the games we play on FotB. I wish FotB could be active without games, but I can’t think of a way to revive it more. Anyway, there is talk among the admins & mods of another election for new mods. Since I probably won’t be reelected, I’d like to leave you all with a parting gift:
Welcome to the Constructive Criticism thread! The concept is simple (quite similar, in a way, to the Promote your Creations thread). Constructive criticism is becoming more and more rare in the Lego community, especially on MOCpages. These days, it seems, more people would rather not comment at all or only say “nice build” than actually tell you how to improve. That’s what this thread is for. Here you will (hopefully) find a community that is ready to help you take your building skills to the next level. The rules are as follows:
1: You must constructively criticize the build before yours. Please keep in mind the following tips:
* Make sure you follow MOCpages rules and etiquette. Remember to criticize kindly, we are trying to help the other builder improve, not bring him down.
* Please refrain from joking about others’ builds. Jokes can often be taken personally since it can be easy to misunderstand the person who writes them. I started this thread in order to bring the community closer together by edifying it, not to separate us because of unfortunate misunderstandings.
* Please try to be as specific as possible about which areas of a build could be improved. “The tree could use some more texturing” is much more useful than, “The tree doesn’t look good.”
2: Now you may submit your own build to receive constructive criticism from someone else. Here’s how:
* Your creation must be on MOCpages. Please do not share a link to Flickr, Brickshelf or Eurobricks. Everyone who uses this thread has a MOCpages account, but not everyone will have an account on one of those sites.
* You may not submit the same creation more than one time.
* You may not submit a creation if another creation of yours is the last one in the thread.
* Be prepared to receive criticism, after all that’s what this thread is about.
* Please use the format bellow:
Name of the Build:
I think maybe fewer studs would be helpful, and more inventive textures would be nice to see from you. Your photography could also use some work. I like your dynamic posing of minifigures though. Permalink
Quoting Micah FBH
I think maybe fewer studs would be helpful, and more inventive textures would be nice to see from you. Your photography could also use some work. I like your dynamic posing of minifigures though.
Thanks! How could the pictures be taken better? Permalink