My name is Bent and I recently re-dicovered my love for legos after I fell off the wagon in the early 1990s. My interests are mainly Castle and Town, but i also like the Pirates and the new Vikings a lot. Got a few SW sets too, but mostly just for display.
I donīt have very many sets left from the old days, so i have kind of started "from scratch".
I like working with a limited amount of bricks, it really challenges me to be creative. It seems like there is a million more specialized bricks now than when I was a kid, and I think the sets today should contain less of these pieces. Also I am very sad to see that they have replaced the good old grey shortsword with the absolutely hideous He-Man zwords instead, and removed the longbow, quiver and probably other pieces I don't know about yet. They also removed the good old blue baseplate... After all, my Vikings can't raid on bley water, even if it comes in 48x48 size.
Classic Favorite Sets (=Legend Please!)
- 6080 Kings Castle (The set that really kicked off my castly love)
- 6040 Blacksmiths Shop (Oh man, that blacksmith is sooo cool!)
- 6010 Supply Wagon (The most perfect little set ever)
- 6373 Motorcycle Shop (My first Lego set! Played it to death)
- 4005, 4015, 4025 "Classic Three" floating boats (finally got them again!)
- 6265 Sabre Island (perhaps my all-time favorite)
- 6650 Fire and Rescue Van (had like 10 of these as a kid)
- 6941 Battrax (this one saw a lot of action)
- 1968 The Set With No Name (the set i loved to make and break. loved the droid)
Current Favorite Sets
- 7015 Viking Warrior challenges the Fenris Wolf (apart from the ridicilous bionicle shield this one is a winner for the money)
- 7905 Building Crane (c'mon Lego! we want it in the US too! and don't you dare remove the porta-potty it comes with!)
-7239 Fire Truck (very, very nicely built. this is actually better than many old sets)