This moc is for those who want to know what went into the building of "Omega". Here you'll find techniques and designs used in the mech.
Notes before reading:
1. Theres a lot of pics and text. Just warning you...
2. Please give me credit for the design labeled "give me credit". I worked hard on those designs and deserve all the credit.
3. Please direct all comments for the mech to its page, and only put ones related to the techniques shown here.
4. The following techniques contain heavy use of some pieces.
5. If you have any questions about any of the techniques or designs, please leave me a comment and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.
Arm and leg designs
Basic snot, can be used with plates at least 1x3 in length.
you can also flip the 1x1 bricks around to have the ends pointing out instead.
My own design for getting studs on all six sides, while still fitting into a 2x4x4 space (give me credit if you use it)
place the pins in the bricks as shown and arrange them on the 1x4 plates.
places the remaining 1x1 bricks as shown
arrange pieces as shown, flipping 2 like sections upsidedown
assemble as shown...
...then place your desired pieces on top (slopes work very well for a round shape)
Basic snot and size changing
pieces needed for basic snot
pieces needed for size changing (works with most sizes)
This is the basic frame used to build the mech. Hopefully, you can see some of the techniques that I used. All parts in black and white are part of the actual mech, and everything in other colors (including grey) is just used to sort of hold the frame together. If you want to use this frame or build upon it, give me credit. Also, you may notice some tissue paper sticking out of some of the joints. I use that to keep the joints in place (creates friction).