The head is made of 2″ thick expanded polystyrene (Styrofoam). I cut rings from a 4′x8′ sheet and glued them stacked on top of each other with white glue. I used toothpicks to keep the rings from shifting laterally while the glue was drying. I also put some weight on the top of the stack to keep the layers in contact. I sanded the resulting outer surface and painted it with acrylic paint.
The head and torso proportions are correct and to scale. I made a stencil for the face but messed it up – it was too small – but I mostly salvaged it by painting things bigger little by little and eyeballing the results. For various reasons the scale ended up being 6.5mm = 12″ which meant that the eyeholes I drilled for myself are actually at the upper corners of the mouth.
The torso is made of corrugated cardboard. To make it strong and durable, for each surface I cut two pieces of cardboard which I glued together plywood-style with spray adhesive. Then I joined their edges with duct tape to form the final shape. The outer surface is red felt, also mounted with spray adhesive.
I ran out of time to make hands and proper arms, but the red sweatshirt and yellow work gloves do a decent enough job. I'm thinking of padding the arms with foam and using PVC pipe for the hands and wrists. I'll probably make some legs eventually, too.