An experimental prototype to explore new construction methods being used by other manufacturing teams.
About this creation
The Speed Stripe was primarily an experiment in new construction techniques. Work on the project has recently halted due to insufficient parts availability.
In truth I ran out of time and inspiration to build this - there's a couple of key parts (namely the pneumatic t-piece) that I needed more of to create proper full-articulation joints in his arms and shoulders. The use of the 2x1 with double handles allowed me to attach arms to his torso, but since I had no more t-pieces for the arms I wanted to build, I had to come up with something else. The eagle eyed among you might recognise the arms from the Prototype Two - all I did was add the winglets. There's also a 1x1 grey stud on his back that could be use to attach all manner of accessories, but for now this little fella will be scrapped for parts.