Originally, this was going to be a simple yet elegant modular house designed to fit in well with sets like the Cafe Corner or the Green Grocer. As you can see, the scope of my MOC changed...rather radically.
My main goal now was to try and mix elements from two very different genres, Castle and Science Fiction. Along the way, I also did some experimenting with bay windows and SNIR (Studs Not In a Row).
While this isn't strictly a modular building, it does have some sections that do come off to reveal the interior. It also is built to be compatible with other modular buildings.
The House of Perniciousness, which has fallen victim to all sorts of invasive plants.
I had added all these plants and vines around the house to give it more of an abandoned look, as well as to make it blend well with the garden surrounding the house.
I didn't want to make this building symmetrical, I simply added a wall on this side. However, since that looked a little plain, I made a portion of the wall protrude out, to make the wall look more dynamic.
Bird's eye view.
Making the bay windows would probably be my favorite part of making this MOC, but stabilizing it took a bit of trial and error.
I tried to do something a little different with the roof here. I used several fences attached to some wedges and plates, which were then connected to the bay windows using SNIR.
The front facade was attached using SNIR as well.
In order to give a rounded effect on the walls here, I took a bunch of swivel hinge pieces and folded them together (so they would look like 2x2 bricks), thus forming the semi-circle at the end.
The tubes were added on top as well to add to the science-fiction factor of the MOC.
Two sections of the MOC can be removed to reveal the interior.
SNIR was used yet again for the walls near the entrance.
I used several columns of 2x2 rounded bricks in order to stabilize the bay window, as well as to act as rock columns.
A view of the roof above the bay windows. The spikes were connected to a flexible rod.
Another view of the interior.
Since I didn't have enough spikes to fill up the rod, I added a few chains instead.
Here is one of the modular sections of the MOC. The modular sections was where I tried to add a lot of science fiction-like details.
The other modular section.
I also felt that using Technic liftarms would give the MOC a more science fiction feeling to it.
This place was a perfect area to add some plants as well as a vine going up to the parabola.
Another view from the top.
Hope you enjoyed it, please feel free to leave some comments or constructive criticism below.