This project was commissioned by my brothers as a Christmas gift for my Mom and Dad. A 1:60 scale model of our house. 1 stud= 1.4 feet. I have been working on this since early October. I gathered the dimensions from some blueprints in the attic. It is accurate to the stud but the windows are just a bit off.
About this creation
This entire model took about 1000-1500 bricks. Most of them were bought from Bricklink but probably about a good 5 hundred are mine. This was in all my hardest project that I have ever accomplished. The mere scale of something like this was stunning. Though I just did the exterior for now I will be doing the interior and driveway soon. I also had to whip this up before Christmas. I can't tell how many nights, staying up until 1'0'clock doing research and building. I shall hope to post the interior soon but until then here is the outside. Some of you remember my dormancy before Christmas. Not only was I working on Hobbiton but this was also distracting my attention.
The entire over view of what I would call the main part of the house. Though it is not the front.
It is a snowy day here in Bedford!
Here is the back of the house. I really don't like the way the roof leaves gaps.
The great windows.
The great windows as we call them took a deceivingly large amount of trans 1x1s! I had to go back to Jack like 3 times!
Those taller trees were very last minute. It took me about 3 minutes to whip them up.
Here is the little smoke-stack-chimney-thingey that looks really cool. Out of the entire house I had the most fun on this little section. I did it in about 2 hours. I just sat down with a lot of light-gray gears and krap and I managed to come up with the finished product. That is my kind of LEGO freestylin' for you!
Our family designed and built this house. I was about 10 at the time. I was just the designated sweeper but I can still say that I built this house!
A general over view of the patio and porch.
Here one of our lovely dogs Kiah. Bear is around here somewhere...
I ordered from 2 Bricklink stores but it turned out that I did not get enough tiles. I would like to thank Jack Bittner for some extras that I traded off of him. Thank you once again!
The dog house was rather complicated but in the end I settled for the simplest design. LEGO has not produced any tan 1x1 slopes so I just did one dog-house.
The screened in porch.
The porch was hard to figure out. But once I decided on the color and design it was easy.
Another shot of the screened in porch.
Front of the house.
Here is the Front of the house even though it is not facing the road.
Aerial view of the roof. The roof was probably the only thing that I did not like that much. I found that the angles on this were EXTREMELY hard!
This truss took me a long time to correct. I finally settled on the 1x3 up the middle. Also the bump out took me a long time to do as well. I had to get the perfect angle. Also I would like to thank Jack Bittner for the hinge bricks.
I did use some of my own pieces on this project. This door is one of them. I am always very reluctant to part with DK red but this was worth it.
The Bedroom side.
br>This is the bedroom side. I am in my middle window with my brothers beside me.
My bedroom is also Blake's Baericks. My parents really don't like that though. I just sort of have to build them paths through the mes- uh projects!
This is the lower garage.
These doors took me a little while
I didn't take any pictures of the upper Garage. It doesn't look very good yet because I haven't added the driveway and raised the ground... yet.
This is the side of the garage.
The side of the Garage. I probably will in the future add the little slope and stairs going up. But like I said before I had to get this whipped out by Christmas and with limited funds. Well folks there she is. My first commission. Hopefully not my last...
Amazing Blake! You never cease to stun and amaze me! That picture that says it is unavailable, IT HAS KOREAN ON IT! That is awesome! You house is extremely similar, I love it! The curves are spectacular too! Great job! No, actually, STUPENDOUS job!
Quoting Tasty Muffins
This is so exact and great! Why is the front door raised so high?
Hey thanks! The reason the front door is suspended like that is because the ground elevates to that point. I am thinking about doing some ground design in white bricks to give it the structural shape and accuracy.
Dude, great job. Sounds like your brothers gave both your parents and you a pretty nice gift. (you might patch up some of the roof seam with some wedge plates. Not sure, just took a quick gander at it.)
I like it
February 27, 2010
On the roof where you said "I am not very pleased with how the roof leaves gaps" Use 1x1 Black slopes to make it look a little more accurate.
Quoting Ethan M.
Actually, you could make a mini, brick-built dog that would be to scale.
I have thought of that and I can't because it if I would do it with one stud width it would be a foot and a half wide dog! So no lets get things straight for the final time. Dogs are not in this because they would be inaccurate no matter which way you look at them.
OK lets get this out of the way once and for all. THIS IS NOT TO MINIFIG SCALE!!!!! So any implication that I should use dogs, 1x2s or anything else is completely out of the question. BTW if I did use the dogs they would barely fit in the house none the less their houses.
Excellent model! That sloped roof looks especially great!
I like it
Dave and John Xandegar
February 10, 2010
Magnificent job, Blake! I'm sure your Folks were thrilled. Johnny's been trying to get me to do our home for quite a while...but I've got plenty of work to do on the real thing! A MOC like this one shows not only skill, but Love. We're adding you to our Favorite Builders list!