My first mosaic. 48 wide vertical stack in color. 180 rows high, with support structure in the back, and an all Lego picture frame that can hold it from a single nail.
About this creation
I took a lot of time playing with the colors and size of the picture. I cropped it as tight as I could, but still wasn't happy with the low level of detail doing a 48x48 studs out, or bricks studs up. So I got the insane idea to try plates instead of bricks. It was a ton of work, but I was able to get a lot higher resolution in less space.
Starting out. Tons of 1x1 plates.
I made it this far before I realized Dark Pink was going to be the death of me.
Thank you so much SimplyBricks for supplying the few Dark Pinks I could scrape together. Even if I had to buy them only 10 at a time. :)
I started building it in 32 high sections, which made it workable, and less catastrophic if something broke. This is two sections.
The frame on the back provides a lot of stability. Every 16 rows, I used as many 1x2 plates or 2x2 plates to attach the face to the frame.