One of my favorite Bionicle characters in pre-Pit form. This is my new update to Pridak as the old one was looking a little "ratty".
About this creation
Just a quick picture of the old Pridak for reference.
Okay, I guess I better list the differences between old Pridak and New Pridak.
* Old Pridak was rather thin - New Pridak has more bulk in the torso
* Old Pridak had more silver pieces including Metru leg armor and Silver Mantax claws - New Pridak replaced those pieces with White Inika armor and black Mantax claws
* Old Pridak has a semi-custom Brutaka blade for a sword - New Pridak changed it to a basic Krika blade because it looked better, IMO
* Old Pridak had red eyes - New Pridak has black because it looks less comical
* New Pridak now has a war sash - Old Pridak did not
Now let me try to go more in depth about each of these things. :P
One of the first things you're likely to notice it a lack of silver from the original. The silver Mantax claws have been replaced by black ones and the silver Metru armor is replaced by white Inika armor. These changes were made to make Pridak feel less cluttered and help make his color scheme much more vibrant.
His torso was severely bulked up and widened to make him look more muscular. One of my biggest complaints about the original was that he looked rather thin to be the "Perfect physical specimen." It also just helps to make him a bit more filled in too.
The next thing you're going to notice was the change in eye color. Right off the bat I think black feels more menacing and serious. The red really did look comical. Plus it is more true to the Pridak set this way. I also made his sword more simplistic becuase it looked cleaner that way.
The last think that was change dramatically was the addition of Pridak's war sash. It adds that little "pop" that some MoCs need if you get what I'm saying. Also it makes a great belt to stick the sword on. Much better than slapping it on to Pridak's thigh armor.
Overall, I think this new look makes Pridak look more dangerous and warlord like. The Rahkshi knows it.
Here is a last comparison pic between my MoC and the Pridak set.