No MOC, not even a real mod. This is only my LDD version of the 928 (497 in the US) Galaxy Explorer. I've also added 924 (487) Space Transporter and 918 One Man Space Ship.
About this creation
The 928 Galaxy Explorer was one of my favourite sets as a kid and it still is. So I wanted to have one in the digital world, too.
I tried to get as close as possible to the original LEGO set using the bricks provided by the LEGO Digital Designer (LDD). In the Expanded Mode (and the new LDD mode) you can find a lot of the needed parts, but not all of them.
So I had to improvise a little and make some minor changes to the original model:
- Almost all bricks come without printings (no LEGO Space logos, no arrows, no model number). Only the computers are there but they don't have the original graphics, either.
- Different base plates. LDD doesn't have the Classic Space base plates, yet (why?).
- "New" hinge for the loading platform. The classic hinge with 4x2 plates doesn't exist in LDD, yet.
- "New" red wheels for the rover. No classic wheels with a stud in LDD.
- A custom built antenna (using newer elements) as a replacement for the classic TV antenna.
- Some transparent parts to fix the spacecraft and the rover on the base plates.
The rest should be original.
Here are some photos of it:
So this is my LDD version of the 928 Galaxy Explorer. I hope you like it.
Feel free to download the LXF file to get your own :-))
Update February 2, 2012: I've added the models LL-924 and LL-918 to complete the classic space fleet