Well, its been a few weeks since I last posted one of these journals. I've made a lot of progress since then, but unfortunately forgot to take pictures, so I only have a few. Also I've decided on a name I will most likely use (supplied by someone on Flickr), Tormentum (Which means catapult I think, and still sounds kinda scary anyway)
Since the sides of this thing were starting to sag a bit, I added these 2 technic structures across the gap. The plan is to have several of these structures, spaced every 6 inches or so, to hold up the sides. Fortunately they don't take many part, don't weigh a whole lot, allow the ship to remain mostly hollow, and are still very strong (though I broke a bunch of technic pins that hold it together when trying to see exactly HOW strong...) In addition to supporting the sides, these structures will also help attaching the top parts of the ship later (and the docking bays, shown later, are supported by one of them).
In the last few weeks I've finished the structural in the bottom of the ship, worked some more on lengthening the sides toward the end of the ship, addedmore detailing, and ripped apart and rebuilt sections more times than I can count.
And here is one of those docking bays I had mentioned. This allows smaller starships to enter and land inside for various purposes. Probably going to be a LOT of detailing in this area. I had originally planned to have 4 of these, but now I will only have 2 I think, because of various issues with part supply (namely that it's too expensive).
And thats all for this short journal entry. Please comment...