After some gearing experiments I finally found a way to motorize the roof and began adding the necessary LegoŽ electronics to Version 3.
Version 3 was basically the same as Version 2 but it offered the following additions:
Press box wall between the hinge pillars
Baseball players and a small audience
In August I decided I wanted to go back in time and build a LegoŽ city (See Home Page). Between August and December 2003 I completely destroyed the model while I drew building instructions on graph paper for future rebuilding. The drawings took four months to complete, but were well worth the time! The bricks were also counted by hand during tear down and totaled 16,136 bricks including figurines! The roof alone comprised of 4,826 pieces. This model was a great representation of the building, but had multiple colors for the roof and track beam. It also had a lack of detail on the interior and back. Nonetheless, the roof was finally motorized and my main goal was accomplished.
Enjoy looking and feel free to e-mail me at TJKaebisch@gmail.com if you have any questions or comments. If you like my project, please take time to rate it or write a review.
Closed Roof Pictures
Roof Hinge (Notice the additional wires!)
Front View (Notice three Mindstorms for roof lights/motor control to increase battery life)
Open Roof Pictures
Back View (Notice you can see through the roof bogies)
Top View (Notice the Press Box front wall addition between the roof hinge pillars)