So summer has started here and the weather is hot so I thought to do my skiing preparations.
About this creation
I had this idea for a long time already. Now during my holidays I made it real. It took me some time to find the right material for cable because most of the thread broke from the weight of the cable car. So finally, don't laugh, I took a UTP cable. That fits perfectly, is strong and thick enough for the wheels to get grip to climb the mountains.
It took a while before I had the correct design to avoid that the cable car ran of the cable.
Finally I made this base mountain station. Unfortunatly without cabin because I ran out of pieces. Too much projects running in parallel. The woodwork is from the kids playing house in the back of our garden.
The first version was with a single sliding door on one side. Than a friend of replied, how the hell should everybody get in en out with this one sliding door. You need both sides double doors. So there I went back to the design table. This one consists of the double sliding doors.
I am not much of finishing the details. If it technically works it is ok for me. However for this one I had some cbin design in my head I wanted to finish before dismantling the funicular again. So above the final result of the cabin itself.