Greeting fellow builders, today I am uploading my second MOCpages build. Stormer Rhinox V4 (I know, name is a work in progress still) which of course is V1 with a few changes more changes.
About this creation
First look, size, armor, and weapon are different. Got some longer core parts for the legs, to give it better proportion of an overall build. Also picked up a new weapon from the breakout villain Black Phantom, and gave it a longer staff like look to it with a blade piece pommel. Simply, but neat in my eyes, however always looking for better weapons. Itís like the quest for Excalibur, an epic sword never to be found, lol.
The reason for the jump of V1 to V4 is that V2, and V3 were more color changing and weapons add ons. V3 I made into a War Machine mix, back gun and forearm blaster, but with a bit extra armor. V2 was just a can of armor parts and colors, but arenít we always looking for the right color part combo to make our creations the right look that pencil and paper can make.
So the major work on this build was the back piece and filler on the chest area. I liked the design from Batman that I used to fill that back void of frame. But it just didnít feel right so I went about changing that. The ball joints I used gave an angle up which give a better bulk shoulder look.
Also added a bit of filler parts for the sides to try and make the body fuller in its mold. On the front side I only put a few pieces to help keep the chest plate from moving freely, and I added a gem stone as like power core of power. Its loose in the slot but with the armor in place it stay pretty good in place.
I changed up the feet too, not sure if anyone else agrees, but I am not a big fan of the flat footed hero boots. So I went back to Bionicle for a pair, and they fit better. So I saw few other creators designs of the feet, because nothing should ever be just plain, and they added claws to the piston and slipped on a small armor piece. Worked out great for making that heavy armor look that I was trying to work out for the whole bot.
I added the inner side plates by ball socket just to fill some more of the space. There is some small parts in the bottom of the boots, but I am already looking into changing that up for the next bot design. But for now the boots look pretty cool so far.
Well thank you for taking a little at my upgraded MOC, still not perfect, but thatís why we keep building, and learning. But I am already working on the V5 form. Hopefully I donít get too carried away with some of the ideas I have for V5. Looking at working body, boots, and forearms for next upgrade, so again hopefully I can improve those parts. So till next build, good hunting and see ya on the flip side,