Here is my ultimate version of the CR90 Corvette Tantive IV.
About this creation
It had been a while that I wanted to modify the old 10019 Tantive IV in order to improve it seriously. When the 10198 set was released, I jumped on it but was also disappointed by several aspects of the model. So let’s review the pros and cons of each set.
10019 Rebel Blockade Runner (2001 - 1747 pieces):
- Its size, it is massive;
- Its shape, it is recognizable and elegant
- No playability, no space for minifig;
- Worst stickers ever (mine peeled);
- Some details and construction technics are obsolete today.
And about the 10198 Tantive IV (2009 - 1408 pieces):
- No sticker ;
- Somewhat detailed interior;
- Nice engine pods;
- No landing gear or support;
- It is small!!!
- The cockpit top metabricks are ugly, particularly the white color does not match with the rest;
- Accessing some of the play features was complex (un-mount then open);
So in the end, what I wanted to build was:
- A large massive CR90 of over 100 studs;
- It should have a detailed interior, easy to access without un-mounting 300 parts.
- No sticker;
- A landing gear that is integrated and that can support the weight of the beast.
And here is the result, mostly rebuilt from scratch.
Name: CR90 Corvette Tantive IV
Length: 102 Studs
Weight: 4.4 kg
Number of SHIPs built: 1
Number of pices: 2500 (estimated)
And now the pictures:
Its nice head:
So yes she is swooshable ... if you can carry singlehand 4.4kg without any problem:
And even more details from the underside:
There is a full detailed interior: central command center, operation center, weapon rack, coffee corner, corridors, gate with republic logo...
And this Corvette has something in her head:
Another section of the ship that can be opened, revealing a well-known story.
Two minutes of inattention and guess who comes for a little harlem shake?
The full interior: 5 compartments are available and playable.
5/5 :D I usually dont look much on SW designs as I generally prefer other themes, but this one catches my heart. Many features that is in SW world unique : Atypical and very composite trunk shape, very few unplayable room, much detailed inside, split - level floor :D I think i should check some SW design more carefully :D
I'm glad I read the description and scrolled down to see pictures because I was about to flip out and yell that all you did was design a box cover for a set that already had one. I like the combination of the two sets. It reminds me of what I did with the two ARC-170 sets. After seeing it was a combonation modification thing, I think it's absolutely fantastic and I would buy it if it was a set.