Like my first version it is in scale 1/20. I made a whole bunch of changes.
Here a short list:
tank is now motorized and IR controllable
switched from torsion bar suspention to Christie suspension
redesigned gun mantlet
redesigned gun traverse lock
some minor changes at the rear
added some tools
Here some pictures:
Now some details:
Here you can see the new gun mantlet and the gun traverse lock.
The gun mantlet is now much smoother as the first one.
For the gun traverse lock I use levers and tubes now.
On the rear deck I changed the air vents to get them on one level.
Furthermore I added an elevated hood for better contrast.
In the superstructure I have hidden the IR receiver.
The top deck is easy to remove to get access to the power switch.
The side armor with sideskirts are also easy to remove for maintenance.
The real Jagdtiger has front-wheel drive but due to construction problems I had to switch to rear-wheel drive.
The drive gear was the next problem.
The original Lego gears would be either too small or too big. So I had to build my own.
Here you can see the Lego M-motors and the transmission.
Due to the size of the Jagdtiger I only could use M-motors.
In the next time I will switch to L-motors.
Here some more pics:
Feel free to rate and comment.
If you have any suggestions for improvements please tell me.
Much better than before! The addition of side skirts makes it look much better. I apologize for my mistake in the previous version. I very rarely see pictures of Tiger II and Jagdtigers without side-skirts, so I assumed the awkwardly wide tracks were not accurate. My mistake. Anyway, very nice improvements, especially with the RC functions!
The 6x6 dishes would look better than what you have and it's somewhat better to have stuff bigger than being smaller. If you use the 6x6 dishes it would only be 160mm larger than on the real wheels (800mm diameter) this is the reason why I build at 1/15th because you have more space for internals and suspension.
Ok at first thank you for your comments. All of you are right the roadwheels are too small... but the 6x6 wheels like the E-100 ones are just too big.
To be in scale they should be 5x5 or 40mm in diameter and they should be flat. But unfortunately there is only one solution.
http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?itemID=1570&colorID=86 And this parts are conic and doesn't look right. If you have any idea please tell me.
the only thing you need is to make the roadwheels bigger, look at Tommy S. (s) creations such as his E-100, those are the size wheels you need,
that will also help with your ground clearance issue i can tell your having, other than that, that is an amazing build! EDIT: @ Alex Sonny,
i see your point, but if he cant make the suspension higher, the roadwheel change could help a good bit EDIT #2: you should build an E-100 bro..... you got the skills
Nice! I like the changes you made, especially the side skirts. I suggest you elevate the suspension a bit, but the small roadwheels aren't a problem - there was a version of Jagdtiger that used small Porsche suspension roadwheels
But you really should move the drive sprocket to the front, it shouldn't be that hard. Still awesome!