Just a basic frame to demonstrate the joints used for the 25th Century Mech - Reboot mecha.
About this creation
The reboot Protoframe is provided for anyone who wanted to have a go at making a mech in this style/scale. I've made a couple of slight amendments to the previous frames for this line (I'll list some of the changes later). I'm going to post some comparison shots later to demonstrate the size of this thing, but as it stands approximately 12 studs tall it would be (at most) 20cm / 8inches tall.
Changes from Auric frame:
- rectangular plate replaces plate with angle
- 1x2 plate added at angle using hole in lamp holder to centre plate at ankle for both front and back (heel)
- 1x1 plates on head instead of up right holder
- no shoulder decoration
- no spine decoration
- extended groin "skirts"
- groin piece (1x1 brick with 4 knobs) is oriented with hole facing down not back.
- chest features 2x2 square plate instead of 2x2 bonnet
Just to let anyone who is curious know, I have now completed a full mech using this frame as a base. Today is a weird one for getting time to moc so I may upload images tomorrow. But I think it may be my favourite of this sub- theme.
Also, if you take a look through the 25 th century mech folder you may see some changes to the titles. I'm experimenting with some more sub-themes.
Galaxy 0 - introduction
Frontier(s) - expanded theme
Libeation - earth based conflict
Reboot - new incarnation ignoring previous designs