Here is my latest creation. When I started, I selected several goals:
- middle scale for RC playability
- weight distributed to front for better crawling performance
- easy removable hard top
- motorized winch
- realistic body and proportions as close as possible to original.
It is realtively small MOC, but it has more than 1000 parts and it takes 14 monthes of building and rebuilding. Yes, I am slow builder, comparing to other guys. May be I should hire a hamster to help me:)
I wasted too much time for it. So now, I am sure the proportions and functions are good enough for me.
- Scale approx. 1:12
- Fully motorized and remote controlled
- Fully removable hard top with 3 versions. 10 seconds for conversion!
- Customs stickers
- Openable doors, bonnet and back doors. Side doors with locks
- Foldable front and rear seats
- Suspension with live axles, supported by 3 links
- AWD transmission with differentials in the axles and locked central differential (XL motor). Gear 20:28
- Link steering (Servo-motor)
- Winch ready with motorized PTO (M motor) + ready for second PTO motor
- Weight: 1050 gr. (including LiPo battery and additional PTO M motor)
- Length: 296 mm (37 studs)
- Width: 120 mm (15 studs)
- Height: 160 mm (20 studs)
-Wheelbase 173 mm (21,5 studs)
Your work is so accurate, proportionate and real. Great art! It emulates the TLC credo of "form follows function".
Oscar Wilde said "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery that mediocrity can pay to greatness."
Imitating you creativity is the best I can do. Could you please help me? What kits do I buy to get the parts for your Expedition model? What is cheapest way to get all these parts? Can I get them in tan color (It was the most common color of those FJ40s in my country).
Thank you sir.