So, version 2 of the Miura is here! Remaking this was quite fun, as I got to do some upside-down work on the front, back, and the base.
About this creation
I tried aiming for a more realistic look this time, and doing the front upside-down helped me accomplish just that.
It's the same story with the back. Since the back has a similar shape to the front (at the bottom), it came to the time to clone the front axle and the whole front onto the back, whilst making a few modifications.
I've used the same headlight design again. Only they're upside-down, obviously...
You may have been wondering: "Is this all connected?" Technically, is isn't FULLY connected with all parts meeting one another. But If this was built in the real world, this would be able to stay together. Only the front would slip out if it's not held in tight enough. This image shows how the back is connected to the base. If you want to see a bit more of the construction, download the LDD file below.
Just from looking at here, like me, you can instantly recognise the shape as the same as the real Miura.
I can't sa... Wait, I remember this guy!
Yes, it is indeed my original Miura. The one with a backside that is a bit too tall...
The shape is still quite similar, but the one thing I hate now about my original is the back. Too tall, like I said.
For a model with the most basic of connections, it was one of my more popular creations. To be honest, I was pretty surprised about that!
But there's no way I'm gonna bring that old one back. I'm very pleased with this version.
That's all I have for you. Let me know what you think of V2, and if you like it more than my original!