I want to present my new MOC - it’s a scale model of Mad Max War Rig. I want to construct such a model with 8110 wheels in the future so this model is called War Rig MIDI :)
The scale is 1:20,8. It’s very interesting experience for me to work in such a small scale. The truck tractor: 41õ14.5õ20 cm, 1540 g; large tank: 67õ15õ33 cm, 2755 g; small tank: 19õ15õ26 cm, 825 g; total length – 120 cm; total weight – 5120 g.
Remote controlled functions:
1. All-wheel drive. No 6x6 drive. AWD is 16x16 here. Two buggy-motors are mounted in the truck tractor and two more – in the large tank. I use slow output; gear ratio is 1:1. Inside the coupling cardan shaft is passed. So all the wheels of the small tank are driven too.
2. Truck tractor steering; one servo-motor.
3. Fake engines under the hood (only the chains) – one M-motor.
4. Blade height control; two micro-motors.
5. The winch; one M-motor.
6. Truck tractor coupling; one micro-motor.
7. Large tank support, one M-motor.
8. Large tank steering, one servo-motor. So we can drive without truck tractor :)
Additional functions: opening doors for LiPo turning on and off, highly detailed exterior, wheels protection, working harpoon on the small tank, flame-throwers (not working).
Quoting ~ McLegofreak
Good grief! This is great! I hope it gets the credit it deserves! The only suggestion I have is maybe building some minifigures modeled on the movie and putting them in if you have room.
Thanks! Minifigures are too small for this model but for larger figures there is no space here :(
Wow! This would have been an amazing build even without the power functions, but when I watched the video, I was blown away. This is definitely one of the best PF models I have seen in quite a while. I love the drive and steering capability for the trailer.
I was hoping this made it to mocpages. Saw this on eurobricks and loved it. You did a stupendous job on recreating one of my favorite machines in the madmax movie in Technic. AND..... You did not use hardly any system bricks. Well done.