Inspired by a HO model I saw of a Whitcomb 65-ton diesel loco model, I have made my own likeness of the engine out of LEGO. It took me quite a while to settle on a sufficient nose shape with available parts, but I think it works.
The number 4491 (which is the mirror reverse of the year it was constructed, 1944) goes just below the windows, while the initials of my fictional railroad (Brick Railway Systems) go on the three studs just below the numbers. Both numbers and letters are in the same style of printed 1 x 1 tiles. (Those tiles have not been applied due to the absence of them in the program I used to build the loco.)
As both ends of the model are exactly the same, either end can be the front or rear.