Built by the Reading shops in 1918 for the Philadelphia and Reading Railroad #1251 was pieced together with parts from a previous 2-8-0 consolidation. She was well liked by crews and served for 45 years performing switching duties at the Reading shops. Upon her retirement from the Reading in 1963 #1251 was used for a short time pulling passenger excursions on the Maryland and Pennsylvania RR before being acquired by the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission in 1968. #1251 is now preserved and on display at The Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania.
About this creation
#1251 is now preserved at the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania in Strasburg' PA.
#1251 performing switching duties in Readings yard.
Here #1251 is switching some cars on IndyLUG's train layout at Brickworld 2008