Thunderbirds FAB1 in Black. Only missing Lady Penelope and Parker.
About this creation
I started this creation with the building of the front, using a standard car grill up side down. After that I did the further nose disign. I had to order some new pieces for this car, like the window used. This was the only LEGO® window that gave me a satisfacted feeling about the looks of the car.
The nose gave me a lot of puzzle, because it's all offset. Also the wheels I used were different of the ones which I had in mind. Attaching them in a nice way was rather hard.
When you look upfront, it will give you the real Thunderbirds feeling, alltough this car is black instead of pink. The nose was the thing te most work was going in to. And I must say, I'm really happy with it. Off course this foto's are a bit photoshopped. I didn't had the right pieces for the grill when I started, so I use yellow ones. This way I could use a Exo-Force letter tile as number plate. After the pictures were made I used real gray pieces.
This last picture will give you a nice look on how the nose was actually build. The picture is a bit dark, but it'll do the trick. It looks fairly easy, but coming up with the idea wasn't. But all great solutions are supposed to be easy aren't they ;-)
This is a render of the LDraw I created when I finished the model. Because you can use any kind of brick in any kind of colour, it's actually pink! I tried to create a Parker minifig inside the vehicle, but the car looks nicer without a minifig.
Nice car! I had the same problem with the old Fab1, so i build it in red and photoshopped it to pink.
I like it
Sierk van Terwisga
January 4, 2009
This looks good- although it isn't pink like the original, the parts you needed would probably be too rare (or nonexistent). The nose is very cleverly constructed, and the fact that it's Thunderbirds makes it even better.