Everytime I saw the APC in 'Aliens' I wanted to make one out of bricks. So I did!
About this creation
1 new image added.
Some bricks had to be modified with a hacksaw to make them fit the design, you can view a list of modified parts at the end. I realise this isn't practical for children wanting to replicate what I've done but as an adult builder I wanted to make this model as authentic as possible.
Designed with LEOCad software, I was able to plan what parts I needed and how many, which saved a lot of time and money. Parts were sourced from bricklink and came from 13 different locations around the world (some were a bit harder to get than others), so I hope you like what you see. Feedback welcome! :)
[The turret can fold down and up just like in the film!]
[The drivers door and side detail work nicely]
[You can fit a minifig in the driver's compartment!]
[Yes, it has a full interior too! Fits 6 marines including driver.]
[Here's how you access the interior.]
[The command center, seen through the sliding door]
[Minifig weapons made by Brickarms]
[Marines prepare to explore a distress beacon]
NEW [Driver's Compartment]
- 1x 1x2 plate with ladder rung (used as part of the windscreen)
- 1x 4x4 Technic round (cut out 1x2 slot to fit a 1x2 technic brick with 2 pin holes)
- 4x 1x2 hinge plates with 3 fingers - (Cut to 1x1 hinge plate with 3 fingers.)
- 1x 'torch brazier' - (cut off its handle and used to join driver's door to APC body.)
- 1x 1x8 plate sliding rail - (cut off the studs to make it flat)
- 1x 1x1 plate - (cut diagonally for driver's door, so it sits flush next to the 3x3 plate angle)
epic man truly epic, all the detailes and with interior and colonial marines. aliens happens to be my favorite movie ever. and I can,t wait untill 2010, feb, aliens colonial marines. march??, aliens vs predator (no not the movie) and finally in the end of 2010 or beginning 2011 alien 5 made by none other than ridley scott. yay.
I'm a huge fan of the Alien films and your APC is perfect to the movie. I love the detail that you have added to the interior! I also like the way that everything operates the turrets, doors, roof axcess, interior, TOP JOB!!! This has got to be the best version that I have ever seen. I was wonderig if you could possibly add a photo of the interior of the drivers compartment?