This is my first large building. It's freelance, though there are some influences of my actual workplace. The upper floors are dark red with tan trim and smoked black windows. The first floor occupies an entire baseplate and is dark gray with a detailed interior. All of the floors are minifig scale.
Unfortunately, the upper floors remain open since the contractor went over budget. However, if the city finance committee (i.e. my wife) ever decides to fund the project to completion, supports exist to add floors with furnishings.
Though the upper floors easily separate from the first, I did not intend for this model to be very playable, just photogenic as part of a larger layout. However, after returning home from work on Monday, I discovered a collection of minifigs scattered about the interior and one trapped in the stairwell!
A little detective work revealed that the building had remained intact all day and that we had been visited by some friends. Turns out the double doors on the first floor are big enough for the hands of three and five year olds...
Before building, I modeled this in BrickSmith which generated 46 pages of instructions, 400+ steps and reports 2600+ parts. It took about 8 hours to assemble, and what an enjoyable 8 hours they were!
A most handsome building! I really like the edges between floors how you stepped back a stud and added smooth tiles. That pattern looks nice. All those windows look great too. Hey the ground floor is well done. Excellent work.