Operation: Steam Knights (OSK130714) - Wyvern Clan Changeling . Experimental concept . And before anyone mentions it, YES, I am aware it looks like a Chocobo.
Updated version of my Wyvern mecha concept.
Notable changes include:
- I've created a new "cockpit" area. This was necessary to accommodate the additional hinges to move the wings into the pilot seat when it converts, as well as, adding the "warrior" mode proportions.
- I've added new wyvern parts in the form of the head and tail, which now function as arms for the Warrior form.
- There is now extra decorative gears and more metallic elements to tie the design into the more steam-punk aesthetic of the Steam Knights sub-theme rather than the purely magic based mecha of the Medieval Universe concept.
- Originally the Wyvern armour WAS a wyvern and the knight wore the armour so they could function as a Wyvern in battle. I always wanted to make it that the knight rode the wyvern mode and it converted to the knight mode while he was wearing it.
- The chain flail hanging from the head/arm was an attempt at giving the pilot control of the beast form. I'm not sure I like how it turned out as a weapon.
- As the description below suggests, the wyvern's main weapon is its magical "breath". As such there are few additional weapons.
- Since the warrior isn't really equipped to hold a sword I haven't added one. This could however be achieved with some mods of the tail and head design. I'm imagining a longer tail which doubles as a sword and the Wyvern's beak having a clip added to hold the sword's hilt.
Faction: Wyvern Sect.
Known History: The Dragon Knights of the Eastern Shore were once favoured by the Emperor. Like the Red Dragon Knight sentries of the Emperor's personal guard, they were powered by the elements and defended the realm with the tenacity of a real dragon.
But when the Wyvern sect began to talk of a dark prophecy, the Knights became shunned and feared by the Emperor's most loyal advisers. "They speak of a day when fire will rain from the sky and wipe humans from the South forever!"
Corrupted by magic from another land, the Wyvern Mecha are now favoured by these mysterious and traitorous human warriors. But ultimately are they ushering in the end of humanity, or the salvation of the realm.
The Wyvern Mechs are capable of flight, use their talons, jaws and spiny tail as weapons to take down even the strongest opposing weapon or castle wall. Capable of channelling the elements to project flame, water, lightning, ice or wind from their jaws.
Their greatest weakness is they favour attacks from the air, relatively weak on the ground. Damaged, their wings cannot support them.
Third Wall Stuff:
Ok the idea for this one has been knocking about in my head since I started the Medieval Universe theme. The idea was from the start for a dragon mecha that could function as armour and as a mount.
The mechanics of it were pretty difficult to get my head around initially, but after a year of putting these Operation: Steam Knights together a few of the bits just fell into place from other earlier designs.
I'm still toying with a few changes, mostly the head and tail design, which are "ok" but not really what I pictured. The wings might be a little bigger for the body size and the legs seem a tad long in hindsight.
I'm also not sure I put enough Steam Punk elements, maybe a few more gears and cogs as decoration on the wings and legs.
I could also do with toying with some more ideas for the controls, I like the "reigns" idea but for some reason the flail weapon attached to the hand doesn't feel like it worked as well as I wanted.
Before I put this up on Cuusoo, I'm going to toy with some more mods.
As ever comments, suggestions, ideas, advice, criticisms (constructive) and ratings are more than welcome. Spam will be deleted.