Truck 4 . Truck 4 replaces the 2015 Spartan tiller, which was traded in for this rig.
Truck 4 is built on the heavy duty Spartan Gladiator chassis to withstand the rigors of the job.
Truck 4 with the compartments on the driver’s side open. Equipment for structure fires are primarily stored here.
The warning labels on the turntable and stabilizers were provided by Sven J.
The rear portion of the trailer was redesigned to be able to hold one of our straight ladders for deployment. During several responses, the ladder tunnel was blocked by some other company preventing vital ground ladders from being deployed, now, both sides of the tiller have a commonly used ground ladder. Also on this side, below the ladder are two of the 5 PPVs this rig carries.
The ladder tunnel can be opened and stores the majority of the ground ladder complement.
Steps were added to assist the tillerman to access the tillerman’s cab. Below the attic ladder is a compartment for the tillerman’s bunker gear and tools.
Like the driver’s side, all compartments on the officer’s side opens and stores rescue equipment.
Truck 4 serves the Chinatown area and is housed alongside Engine 4, Engine 204, EMS 4, and Hazmat 4. As a backup hazmat station, all members at Station 4 are trained to the hazardous materials technician level, with 5 members trained to the hazardous materials specialist level. On hazmat calls, one member from Light Force 4 will drive HM4 to the scene and members from Task Force 4 will utilize the rig as necessary.
Truck 4 is equipped with a NightScan PowerLite device to illuminate scenes.
Truck 4 has a 105 foot heavy duty aerial.
The aerial device can hold 500 lbs while at a zero degree angle.
Truck 4’s aerial device can also go below grade to make hillside rescues.
Castle Beach Fire Department is proud to present brand new Truck 4! Although Truck 4 comes in at 61 ft in length, the apparatus can maneuver much easier than a rear-mount or mid-mount aerial thanks to the steering 5th wheel.
Truck 4 Technical Specs:
2019 Spartan Gladiator/Smeal/LTC 105’ heavy-duty tractor-drawn aerial
470-hp Detroit Diesel engine
Federal Signal Q2B siren
Motorola Spectra siren
Grover air horns
276 ft of ground ladders
Holmatro Extraction Equipment
Onan 20 kW on-board generator
Vanair Pro 185-cfm air compressor
Designed to be a straight truck, this vehicle carries no water or hose.
The driver's side was structured to carry truck company equipment, while the officer's side was designed to store rescue tools.
Listed are some of the major tools carried by Truck 4:
- (3) Temptest Ventmaster chain saws
- (2) Partner K12-950 rotary saws
- Electric chain saw
- Electric circular saw
- Electric Milwaukee Sawzall
- (2) Dewalt Battery Reciprocating saws
- Dewalt Battery drill
- Dewalt Battery circular saw
- Tempest 18” electric ppv fan (16,800 cfm)
- Lifejack 18” gas ppv fan (18,000 cfm)
- (2) 16” electric fans
Rapid Intervention Team:
- RIT tool bag
- RIT scba bag
- RIT rescue rope
- (5) 9x12 salvage covers
- (1) Floor runner cover
- (2) Salvage tubs
- (2) AFFF extinguishers
- (2) Dry chemical extinguishers
- CO2 extinguisher
- (2) Water extinguishers
- (6) 200' rescue rope
- (2) 300' rescue rope
- (4) Full body harnesses
- (2) Rigging bags, each containing:
- (20) 20' webbing
- (20) Prussics (assorted sizes)
- (20) steel carabiners
- (2) gibbs ascenders
- rigging plate
- brake bar rack
- Full body harness
- (2) 3/8 double sheave pulley
- (2) 4 inch pulleys (prussic minded)
- (4) 3 inch single pulleys
Homatro Jaws of Life Hydraulic Rescue System:
- PPU 15 power plant (220V)
- DPU 30 power plant (220V)
- 32’ Holmatro hydraulic hose reels
- SP 5260 32” spreader (112,400 lbs)
- TR 4340 C Telescopic Ram (48,780 lbs)
- TR 4350 C Telescopic Ram (48,780 lbs)
- CU 5050 cutter (317,430 lbs)
- CU 4035 C NCT cutter (79,810 lbs)
- CU 4055 C NCT cutter (228,900 lbs)
- HRS22 Ram Support
- Various accessories
- (10) 6x6's
- (4) 6x6 wedges
- (25) 2x4's
- (4) 4x4x36's
- (46) 4x4's
- (20) 4x4 wedges
- (4) Step-chocks
- (2) Hi-lift jacks
- (2) Junkyard Dog Nightmare struts
- (2) Junkyard Dog G-Force struts
- (10) Steel pickets
- (2) Enerpac P392 manual hydraulic pumps
- Enerpac spreader
- (2) 25-Ton hydraulic bottle jacks
- (2) 10-Ton bottle jacks
- (2) 1.5 Ton Com-a-long
- .75 Ton Com-a-long
- (6) 3/8” chain – 10ft
- (4) 3/8" chain - 20ft
- Chain shorteners and hooks
Paratech Maxiforce Air Bags:
- KPI-1 ton airbag (6x6)
- (2) KPI-5 ton airbags (10x10)
- (2) KPI-8 ton airbags (12x12)
- KPI-12 ton airbag (15x15)
- (2) KPI-22 ton airbags (20x20)
- (2) KPI-32 ton airbags (24x24)
- KPI-44 ton airbag (28x28)
- (2) KPI-55 ton airbag (32x32)
- KPI-74 ton airbag (37x37)
Total: 375 tons
-Paratech Air Source Cart (160 cuft of air)
-Paratech Airgun 40
-Paratech Pakhammer 90
-Pneumatic cut-off saw
In addition, the apparatus carries 276 ft. of ground ladders. The complement consists of extension ladders, wall ladders, and roof ladders. The extension ladder complement consists of two 35 ft. ladders, one 14 ft. ladder, one 12 ft ladder, and one collapsible 10 ft. ladder. The wall ladder complement includes two 24 ft. ladders, two 20 ft. ladders, and two 16 ft. ladders. The roof ladder complement has one 20 ft. ladder, one 16 ft. ladder, and two 12 ft. ladders.
San Francisco Fire Department Truck 7
Seattle Fire Department Truck 10
Los Angeles Fire Department Truck 11
Sven J for the turntable decals
David H for the compartments