Truck 3 . Truck 3 is the latest tiller to be placed in service at Castle Beach Fire Department. .
This Rosenbauer Commander was designed by legendary James K!
Like the rest of the truck companies, the first compartment stores the Holmatro extraction equipment. The air compressor along with the air and electrical reels are kept on top of the compartment to free up the interior space. This allows for rapid deployment of the hydraulic rescue tools.
Details such as the hazard labels, the Rosenbauer logo, and the unique tillerman’s cab help separate this tiller from the rest of them.
The driver’s side of the apparatus stores a variety of tools for structure fires including fans, saws, tarps, and forcible entry tools. A 24-ft extension ladder is seen on this side for quick deployment.
Two fans and traffic cones are seen under the extension ladder. It is the tillerman’s responsibility to deploy any one of these items once the apparatus arrives on the scene.
The ground ladder compartment opens and holds many different ladder types. FF Ellie Jones is seen retrieving a 16 ft ladder.
The tillerman can access the cab from this side of the rig. There is also an 8-ft ladder that is useful for accessing the attic area or crawlspaces in buildings.
The compartment below the attic ladder holds the tillerman’s firefighting gear and SCBA. The tillerman plays the important role in operating the aerial device on scene.
The compartments on the officer’s side stores rescue equipment such as the man-in-machine cart and battery operated Holmatro EVO extraction equipment.
Kept in this compartment are frequently used equipment such as a halligan married with an axe, a water can, and a PPV fan.
A NightScan Powerlite device illuminates even the darkest scene!
The aerial device reaches up to 100 ft in the air!
Castle Beach Fire Department has received Truck 3, the first Rosenbauer tiller in the LEGO fire community! The latest version of Truck 3 replaces a 2017 Pierce Arrow XT that was returned due to recalls. Although Truck 3 comes in at 61 ft in length, the apparatus can maneuver much easier than a rear-mount or mid-mount aerial thanks to the steering 5th wheel.
Truck 3 Technical Specs:
2019 Rosenbauer Commander 100’ heavy-duty tractor-drawn aerial
500-hp Cummins x12 engine
B&M Super Chief siren
Motorola Spectra siren
Grover air horns
276 ft of ground ladders
Holmatro Extraction Equipment
Onan 20 kW on-board generator
Vanair Pro 185-cfm air compressor
Designed to be a straight truck, this vehicle carries no water or hose.
The driver's side was structured to carry truck company equipment, while the officer's side was designed to store rescue tools.
Listed are some of the major tools carried by Truck 3:
- (3) Temptest Ventmaster chain saws
- (2) Partner K12-950 rotary saws
- Electric chain saw
- Electric circular saw
- Electric Milwaukee Sawzall
- (2) Dewalt Battery Reciprocating saws
- Dewalt Battery drill
- Dewalt Battery circular saw
- Tempest 18” electric ppv fan (16,800 cfm)
- Lifejack 18” gas ppv fan (18,000 cfm)
- (2) 16” electric fans
Rapid Intervention Team:
- RIT tool bag
- RIT scba bag
- RIT rescue rope
- (5) 9x12 salvage covers
- (1) Floor runner cover
- (2) Salvage tubs
- (2) AFFF extinguishers
- (2) Dry chemical extinguishers
- CO2 extinguisher
- (2) Water extinguishers
- (6) 200' rescue rope
- (2) 300' rescue rope
- (4) Full body harnesses
- (2) Rigging bags, each containing:
- (20) 20' webbing
- (20) Prussics (assorted sizes)
- (20) steel carabiners
- (2) gibbs ascenders
- rigging plate
- brake bar rack
- Full body harness
- (2) 3/8 double sheave pulley
- (2) 4 inch pulleys (prussic minded)
- (4) 3 inch single pulleys
Homatro Jaws of Life Hydraulic Rescue System:
- PPU 15 power plant (220V)
- DPU 30 power plant (220V)
- 32’ Holmatro hydraulic hose reels
- SP 5260 32” spreader (112,400 lbs)
- TR 4340 C Telescopic Ram (48,780 lbs)
- TR 4350 C Telescopic Ram (48,780 lbs)
- CU 5050 cutter (317,430 lbs)
- CU 4035 C NCT cutter (79,810 lbs)
- CU 4055 C NCT cutter (228,900 lbs)
- HRS22 Ram Support
- Various accessories
- (10) 6x6's
- (4) 6x6 wedges
- (25) 2x4's
- (4) 4x4x36's
- (46) 4x4's
- (20) 4x4 wedges
- (4) Step-chocks
- (2) Hi-lift jacks
- (2) Junkyard Dog Nightmare struts
- (2) Junkyard Dog G-Force struts
- (10) Steel pickets
- (2) Enerpac P392 manual hydraulic pumps
- Enerpac spreader
- (2) 25-Ton hydraulic bottle jacks
- (2) 10-Ton bottle jacks
- (2) 1.5 Ton Com-a-long
- .75 Ton Com-a-long
- (6) 3/8” chain – 10ft
- (4) 3/8" chain - 20ft
- Chain shorteners and hooks
Paratech Maxiforce Air Bags:
- KPI-1 ton airbag (6x6)
- (2) KPI-5 ton airbags (10x10)
- (2) KPI-8 ton airbags (12x12)
- KPI-12 ton airbag (15x15)
- (2) KPI-22 ton airbags (20x20)
- (2) KPI-32 ton airbags (24x24)
- KPI-44 ton airbag (28x28)
- (2) KPI-55 ton airbag (32x32)
- KPI-74 ton airbag (37x37)
Total: 375 tons
-Paratech Air Source Cart (160 cuft of air)
-Paratech Airgun 40
-Paratech Pakhammer 90
-Pneumatic cut-off saw
In addition, the apparatus carries 276 ft. of ground ladders. The complement consists of extension ladders, wall ladders, and roof ladders. The extension ladder complement consists of two 35 ft. ladders, one 14 ft. ladder, one 12 ft ladder, and one collapsible 10 ft. ladder. The wall ladder complement includes two 24 ft. ladders, two 20 ft. ladders, and two 16 ft. ladders. The roof ladder complement has one 20 ft. ladder, one 16 ft. ladder, and two 12 ft. ladders.
Rancho Cucamonga Fire Department Rosenbauer Truck 4
Los Angeles Fire Department Truck 11
James K for the Rosenbauer Commander cab